COMMUNITY TOURISM ROUTE LA MATRIZ
Discover the first urban community tourism route in Chile, awarded as one of the most innovative routes in the country. Explore the oldest neighborhood and hill in Valparaíso; the La Matriz neighborhood and Santo Domingo Hill, with stories from local residents and a visit to the home of a typical porteña family. An unmissable cultural experience in the living human heritage of Valparaíso.
- Visit the historic La Matriz Church
- Sample artisanal products from a local resident
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Puerto and La Matriz neighborhoods
- • Visit to the commercial local stores of the port area
- Take a walk through Santo Domingo Hill
- Visit and have lunch at the home of a typical porteña family
RUTA LA MATRIZ
- Local Ecomapu guide in Spanish, English or French (German or Italian at an additional cost)
- Pick-up from hotel or bus terminal in Valparaíso
- Visit to a local porteña family home
- Lunch or afternoon tea with a local Valparaíso family
- Elevator and public transportation tickets (trolley or taxi)
Does not include
- Transfers in private vehicle, Insurance, Meals, Tips.
Terms and conditions
- Activity on foot, with some unevenness and use of stairs in cold or sunny weather.
- Activity subject to weather conditions.
- Trolley service does not operate on Sundays or holidays or due to power outages, and elevators may be closed without prior notice for maintenance or other technical reasons.
- Please inquire about availability on December 31, January 1, and special holidays.
- Refund policy: Flexibility to change date without additional charge until one day before the reservation. 50% charge of the total payment for cancellation one day (24 hours) before the reservation date.
- EXPERIENCE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY ACCORDING TO DATE, IF NO AVAILABILITY IS AVAILABLE, A SIMILAR ALTERNATIVE WILL BE OFFERED.